Privacy on this site
This site is hosted and managed by a third party located in Canada using Amazon S3, which is a global server farm, but the data is primarily located in the United States of America.
By logging on to this site, you acknowledge that:
• you are entering a third party’s website administered external to Bright Law and beyond its control; and
We respect your privacy.
We will only use your personal information to provide the personalised service that you have requested.
We will protect the security of your personal information once we receive it but we cannot guarantee the security of transmission from you.
Please contact us to access or change your personal information or to discuss any query at [email protected]
Collection of personal information
We will only collect personal information if:
• it is for a lawful purpose that is directly related to one of our functions, and
• it is reasonably necessary for us to have the information
How we will collect personal information
We will collect personal information directly from the individual concerned unless it is unreasonable or impractical.
We will not collect personal information by unlawful means.
We will not collect personal information that is intrusive or excessive.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is relevant, accurate, up-to-date and complete.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities unless they have consented.
You will be deemed to have consented to disclosure of your information to your employer to enable it to monitor your training activities if your use of this site is provided by your employer.
Emails and newsletter subscription
If you provide us with your email address, we will record your email address.
Unless you object, this information may be used:
- to send news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you;
- to monitor who is accessing the web site or using services offered on the web site; and
- to profile the type of people accessing the web site, in order to improve our services.
Use of information collected
Because we respect your right to privacy, we do not sell or rent the information gathered.
No data collected from this site will be disclosed to a third party without your consent, except where we are legally compelled to do so or unless it is used for a directly related secondary purpose within your reasonable expectations.